Effective as of June 23, 2020
About PathCheck, PathCheck App and the PathCheck Site
PathCheck is a technology business operating for charitable and scientific purposes. PathCheck has continues to develop software that is intended for use by government bodies and others (“Partners”) to facilitate contact tracing, including in connection with their analysis and response to the COVID-19 virus. PathCheck is attempting to help public health authorities and others in augmenting manual contract tracing. Contact tracing consists of monitoring individuals in close contact with someone who is infected with a virus and is at risk of potentially infecting others.
The Content that the PathCheck Site Collects
Personal Information Website Visitors Provide Through the PathCheck Site. In using the PathCheck Site, website visitors may provide, or the PathCheck Site may collect information that could identify you directly or indirectly Personal Information. Personal Information does not include any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
● Join us: If you contact us and get involved by volunteering, submitting information for a lead, or register for a webinar, we may collect business and contact information such as your first and last name, email address, and organization, professional, or educational information about your qualifications or experience, your role, LinkedIn URL, phone number and work location.
● Sign up for Mailing List: If you’d like to receive periodic updates and subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect your name and email address. You may always unsubscribe from newsletters by following the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the email.
● Partners: If you partner with us, thank you, and we will collect your name, contact information, and information related to the partnership.
● When you Contact Us: If you email us, we may collect your name, email address, and information related to your request, question, or other inquiry.
Personal Information Collected Through Automatic Technology
● What’s a cookie? A cookie is a small file sent from a website, which is then stored by your web browser. The information in the cookie can be used to recognize your last session with PathCheck Site.
● Where do cookies come from? Cookies originate from two types of sources: 1st-party and 3rd-party. This classification refers to the internet domain that is placing the cookie. 1st-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time. 3rd-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that site this would be a 3rd-party cookie.
○ Google Chrome
○ Internet Explorer
○ Safari Mobile
If you opt out of cookies, you may still use the websites and apps, but your ability to use some features may be limited. Many browsers allow a private mode to be activated through which the cookies are always erased after the visit, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any claim or demand in this regard.
If you have enabled the “do not track” function in your browser, you will not be tracked. This is in addition to you opting-out of the aggregation and analysis of data for the Website statistics.
How the PathCheck Site Uses Personal Information
PathCheck uses personal information as it believes necessary or appropriate to (i) provide the services as described on the PathCheck Site, including to send you marketing or promotional communications; (ii) comply with applicable law; (iii) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the PathCheck Site; (iv) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of you or others; and (v) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How PathCheck May Share Personal Information
subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (vi) cooperate with law enforcement agencies about conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law; and (vii) protect or defend against legal actions or claims.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of the information, business or assets related to PathCheck, including personal information, in connection with a business transaction such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets in the event of a bankruptcy.
Privacy Rights and Choices
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to access or correct your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. If you signed up for updates and wish to opt out, you can always unsubscribe by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any messages, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Websites or Third-Party Websites
The PathCheck Site may allow users to share information through other third-party websites and applications. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you if you share content. When you visit third-party websites or applications, those third parties may collect your Personal Information along with all content you share. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
Your personal information is processed for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights. In order to determine the most appropriate retention periods for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of your information, the reasons for which we collect and process your personal information, and applicable legal requirements.
Information about Children
The PathCheck Site is not intended to be used by anyone younger than 16 years old. If we discover we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16, we will delete it. If a parent or a guardian becomes aware that his or her child has used the PathCheck Site without the parent or guardian’s consent, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com.